NineSigns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So what did you have for dinner tonight?

+22
NathanExplosion
Drag0naut
JustCallMeJJ
Pokai
Cyanine
LunaSerenity
Seher
Mystic
Harbinger2nd
Zverca
ravenmist
zonya
Sealing
PashaHealer
Draxin
xROMULUSx
Vashtii
DominaTricks
Zyppora
Zzerase
Todash
Daeshala
26 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

So what did you have for dinner tonight? - Page 7 Empty Re: So what did you have for dinner tonight?

Post  Vashtii Thu May 20, 2010 2:43 pm

I LOVE orange duck!!!
Vashtii
Vashtii

Back to top Go down

So what did you have for dinner tonight? - Page 7 Empty Re: So what did you have for dinner tonight?

Post  Seher Thu May 20, 2010 3:04 pm

Pokai wrote:oh and last nite we had:
orange pekin duck
chicken in oyster sauce
and roasted pork with chinese bbq sauce
oh and rice & vegetables Razz

and dessert mom made some coconut jello with condensed milk on top

gash: your mom rocks Surprised
Do you have a spare mom i could borrow... just 2 hours a day for the food Surprised

*stops eating his hand, whiile reading pok's post*
Seher
Seher

Back to top Go down

Post  Pokai Thu May 20, 2010 3:06 pm

Seher wrote:
Pokai wrote:oh and last nite we had:
orange pekin duck
chicken in oyster sauce
and roasted pork with chinese bbq sauce
oh and rice & vegetables Razz

and dessert mom made some coconut jello with condensed milk on top

gash: your mom rocks Surprised
Do you have a spare mom i could borrow... just 2 hours a day for the food Surprised

*stops eating his hand, whiile reading pok's post*
sure fly over to CR im sure she will be glad to cook for any friend of mine Wink
Pokai
Pokai

Back to top Go down

Post  Seher Thu May 20, 2010 4:07 pm

Sorry, already have virtual plans to have an imaginay dinner with Rom ans Vash :p
Seher
Seher

Back to top Go down

Post  Vashtii Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:49 pm

Hey Seher, still waiting for you to show up for dinner! :-)

Ok, last night I was too tired to really try, so I made an easy food....spaghetti, but I did something a bit different.

Cooked whole wheat thin spaghetti in a pot

In a skillet I cooked up italian sausage, with added garlic powder and red pepper flakes. When cooked I added the pasta sauce (it was a vokda sauce)

Melted in some fresh parmesean, topped the s'ghetti and paired it with corn on the cobb. It was GREAT!
Vashtii
Vashtii

Back to top Go down

Post  xROMULUSx Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:00 am

So tonight my dad wanted to show vash and I what kind of food he ate growing up in Ethiopia so he too us to an Ethiopian restaurant called Queen of Sheba where I had the Kintishara Siga Tibs which is a beef and mushroom dish with spicy berbere sauce.

Great little restaurant and the food was fabulous cheers
xROMULUSx
xROMULUSx

Back to top Go down

Post  JustCallMeJJ Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:22 am

tacos! AWESOME!!!!!! i had like 5 :O love tacos... lol it costed me over 100 dollars today to make it for the fam but it was worth it!!!! at least i didnt have to cook.... lol nobody would have ate if i did
JustCallMeJJ
JustCallMeJJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Vashtii Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:16 pm

The Ethiopian food was pretty good, although I think I prefer Indian, it was an awesome night.

Yesterday we had two bbq's....first off was pepper steak at my house, and then pork ribs at rom's sister's house. yum!
Vashtii
Vashtii

Back to top Go down

So what did you have for dinner tonight? - Page 7 Empty Who is coming over for dinner tonight?

Post  Vashtii Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:26 pm

Tonights Menu:

Munchies: cherries (black and rainier) with cheese, and homemade guacamole with chips

Main Dish: Pasta salad with Chicken and Grapes - tossed in cheese and almonds
Side Dish: white rice, cooked in chicken broth, topped with sautéed mushrooms, craisins and lemon zest
Side Dish: garlic roasted broccoli

Desert: homemade chocolate chip cookies

*and old friend of mine is coming over, and its super hot out, so a nice light cold meal :-)
Vashtii
Vashtii

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:32 pm

Wow Vashtii, you're food is like...incredibly delicious all the time... o.O my parents cant be bothered to cook for such a long time.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Vashtii Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:35 pm

wont take more than 30 minutes to prepare :-)
Vashtii
Vashtii

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:40 pm

I wish I lived with you xD
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  DominaTricks Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:17 pm

Here is a nice breakfast pie receipe for you all...

Impossible Bacon Pie

1 lb. bacon - cooked & broken apart
1/3 C. onions (optional)
1 (8 oz.) pkg. Shredded Swiss cheese
4 eggs
2 C. milk
1 C. Bisquick

Mix eggs, milk & bisquick together until well blended. Mix in cheese, onions & bacon (you can add other vegies if you desire - like green onions, mushrooms, etc). Bake at 400 degrees for 35 - 40 min. Turn oven off and sprinkle with ColbyJack cheese and let melt over top. Let stand for approx. 3 or 4 min. before cutting.

Serve with hash browns if so desired

This is really good (but not good for you - lol) and takes a bit to prepare because you have to cook a whole pound of bacon.

Hope you enjoy!
DominaTricks
DominaTricks

Back to top Go down

Post  Vashtii Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:19 pm

I make something very similar to this =) gotta love bisquick
Vashtii
Vashtii

Back to top Go down

Post  DominaTricks Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:34 pm

Now try this one. It's REALLY good... Ask Izzie (Zannie)

Marinated Cheese

1/2 C. Olive Oil
1/2 C. White Wine Vinegar
3 Tlbs. chopped FRESH Parsley
3 Tlbs. minced green onions
1 tsp. sugar
3/4 tsp. dried basil (can use from spice jar)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 (2 oz.) jar diced pimiento, drained
1 - 5 1/2 x 2 x 1 block Sharp Cheddar Cheese (8oz.), chilled
1 - (8 oz.) pkg. Cream Cheese, chilled

COMBINE: first 10 ingredients into a jar, cover tightly & shake vigorously. Set marinade aside
SLICE Cheddar cheese and Cream cheese into 1/4" (approx.) strips lengthwise and stack together - starting with the Cheddar cheese slice and then the cream cheese slice, etc. ending with a Cheddar cheese slice. Lay stacked cheese flat on a cutting surface and cut into bite size cubes (usally 4 rows)
PLACE - cheese rows in a shallow baking dish and cover with marinade. Cover and marinade in the refridgerator for at least 8 hours (longer better). The olive oil does harden after time, so take it out of the fridge about 1/2 hour before you are ready to serve. Once oil has liquified again baste cheese once again with marinade. Sever with crackers and ENJOY!!

This is one of my favorites to take to a party and everyone asks me for this receipe with the first bite! REALLY, REALLY GOOD!!

DominaTricks
DominaTricks

Back to top Go down

Post  Drag0naut Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:52 pm

i prefer indian food Smile SPICY!!!!!!!! bounce bounce bounce bounce
Drag0naut
Drag0naut

Back to top Go down

Post  xROMULUSx Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:37 pm

by Drag0naut on Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:52 am

i prefer indian food SPICY!!!!!!!!

Don't think I've ever had Indian food...Vash loves it and keeps telling me we should go get some sometime so maybe we will soon Smile

I have had spicy Ethiopian food though, I'm sure its not the same but I like it cheers cheers cheers
xROMULUSx
xROMULUSx

Back to top Go down

Post  Vashtii Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:45 pm

xROMULUSx wrote:

Don't think I've ever had Indian food...Vash loves it and keeps telling me we should go get some sometime so maybe we will soon Smile

I have had spicy Ethiopian food though, I'm sure its not the same but I like it cheers cheers cheers

Are u nuts? yes you haven't gone to a restaurant but I've MADE Indian food before Rom =.=
Vashtii
Vashtii

Back to top Go down

Post  Daeshala Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:14 pm

gonna have to try that marinated cheese dish, I love cheese (gassy as it can be) If you have a roll of paper towels to kill, you can try to layer rows of bacon between paper towels and microwave, cuts the fat a little Smile
Daeshala
Daeshala

Back to top Go down

Post  Vashtii Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:18 pm

I just use Louis Rich turkey bacon - its awesome

65% less fat - dark and light meat turkey tastes LIKE bacon but no globs of pure fat to work around, you get more meat.

don't get other brands of turkey bacon - they are gross.
Vashtii
Vashtii

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:20 pm

I always hate it when Vashtii posts in here, because she always prepares some ultra-delicious sounding dinner.
While I always eat potatoes with healthy stuff xD
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Drag0naut Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:55 pm

i need to start eating healthy Razz spicy food is awesome to eat but i end up going to the restroom a little too often... pale
Drag0naut
Drag0naut

Back to top Go down

So what did you have for dinner tonight? - Page 7 Empty Vashi's Nummy Pork Chops

Post  Vashtii Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:01 pm

Wait til I tell you about these AWESOME pork chops that I made...

Pork Chops (bone in)
Salt
Pepper
Brown Sugar
Dijon Mustard
Olive oil

Preheat oven to 350

Salt and pepper both sides of the pork chops, heat 2 tbs of olive oil in a skillet, hot. Sear both sides of the Pork chops (they'll turn a nice golden brown) Should take 1 minute or so per side. Remove from skillet, place on a baking sheet. sprinkle brown sugar on top and spread Dijon Mustard over pork chop (I used a blue cheese dijon with was amazing) - do this to both sides

Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes.

Enjoy! Its delicious and SO easy
Vashtii
Vashtii

Back to top Go down

Post  xROMULUSx Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:15 pm

yesh, those pork chops were yummy :-)

so was the chicken Vash made last night too...don't remember exactly what it was seasoned with but it was sitting on top of mashed potatoes and there were red peppers and green onion in it cheers cheers cheers cheers
xROMULUSx
xROMULUSx

Back to top Go down

Post  Vashtii Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:18 pm

Chicken was seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder and chilli powder. Seared in hot oil and then cooked on med-low for about 20 minutes with a lid on. Made creamy mashed potatoes with garlic and chives. Then stir fried up some red peppers. stacked the chicken on the potatoes with red peppers...made a roux (butter +flour) with chicken stock to make a sauce with a bit of milk splashed in at the end...poured on top like gravy.

Was good.
Vashtii
Vashtii

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next