NineSigns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WL or CM

+7
Maeven
Pokai
ApocalypseHealer
Seher
Zzerase
Vashtii
silvino
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

WL or CM Empty WL or CM

Post  Guest Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:01 pm

Alright, I thought I was done picking my class, but after thinking for a while..it's not as easy as I thought at first.
Here's my point of view, I would like hear your opinions and add some

CM
- Because they have DS/MS/Haste, because of these they are able to deal massive dmg in a short moment ( valueable for sieges )
- They lack the ability to keep their mana up, and for duels you got to wait ages ( not because of cd's but of mana )
- Their spike dmg is only once in every 10 minutes
- They got skills as fireblast and heavensbreaker which seem to be nice too
- Higher lvl wind-weapon ( 14% att speed instead of 8% )

WL
- Because they have all these traps, which can come in handy ( you can nearly 100% pin down a player by using all the traps etc. )
- Their mana consumption isn't as bad as the CM's
- Their overall dmg is nice
- They lack some nice Jlvl40 skills, skills like Shadow Antrophia are 150% useless. ( the only good one is Fog of Horror - aoe sleep )
- Selfbuffs
- Wide windy shackles
- Mind crisis

I'm a person that simply LOVES to PvP and joke around with people, also my habbit is to PK alot.
Could you help me to choose?

*Side-note: I already got ALOT of good WL cards, but if there's seriously no good reason why I should make a WL.., i'm willing to trade them for CM or sell or w/e*

Thanks in advance, i'm looking forward to your opinion.
* Please use arguments, - why do you choose something*

Last edited by iiVanessa on Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

WL or CM Empty Re:WL or CM

Post  silvino Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:01 pm

well i just happen to have a dm that is ready to change and ill be making a cm Smile
i think cm's are better as they are stronger and awesome for pk. i dont duel that much so the mana is only bad in dp's lol

so yea pick a cm.

P.S You Rock Very Happy teach me more Ah skills if u know wat i mean Razz

silvino

Back to top Go down

WL or CM Empty Re: WL or CM

Post  Guest Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:07 pm

Stronger is a big word, as everything can be seen as "strong" a "strong attack" is just as worthy as a "strong defence" IMO

I rock Embarassed ?
What do you mean with Ah skills tongue ?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Vashtii Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:48 pm

I'm a warlock....and I have been for a long time, been playing as vash for 2 years and I know her like the back of my hand. I have not made a CM myself because I am not interested in them at all tbh :-) The big plus on the side of the CM is the spike damage (with haste is only every 10 minutes) and that they gain a few extra lvls of the two basic dm self buffs.

However I will stand by my choice as a warlock, and it very much comes down to how u want to play. I prefer a challenge, that is what a wl is but it is very rewarding. I have so many debuffs, traps and spells to - pardon my french - 'f ur shit up' that I absolutely LOVE being me :-) I have skills desigined for bosses and parties (making me a valuable cc in dps) and many more for individual pvp. A warlock may not have as "strong" as a flat damage output as a cm, but we do gain some more vit which comes in handy.

A simple way to look at it is that a CM = insta pile of ash and a WL = turns their opponents into a "incompetent, utterly useless sack of crap" - that is how the saying goes :-)

caution: being a wl isn't easy - anyone can stand and spam a skill, but that person will run low on mana, draw agro and spend their rappelz career crying in a puddle of their own misery because they spend more time dead than alive. If u don't mind seriously managing ur skills than a wl is a powerful choice. So in short, its not an easy class to learn :-) but if u master it, u'll be good to go
Vashtii
Vashtii

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:56 pm

Well learning equals fun for me in this game.
I don't like classes that are easy, because they tend to get boring fast.
We haven't really met each other ingame, but as most people probably know who did know i'm someone who tries to squeeze every single bit out of the character that's possible. I'm always taking on duels, even when I'm most likely to lose it, because every bit you learn is still something. Sometimes I still see people who use nightmare at the beginning of the duel, and then start to spam fa/lb after 1 second..speaking about utterly useless.

But thanks for your two cents Vashtii, i'm looking forward to read the other people their opinions.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Vashtii Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:01 pm

iiVanessa wrote:
I don't like classes that are easy, because they tend to get boring fast

Thats exactly why Vash is my main. I was lucky enough that she was my first toon I created....but I have other alts, evoker, holy warrior, cleric, fighter, strider, huna....and they all are nice breaks from vash but they don't compare in my opinion. Vashtii is the only toon I see myself sticking with in the long run, she is the bestest :-)
Vashtii
Vashtii

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:06 pm

Too bad I had to find that out after having more then 10-15 characters, but well Smile
Let's go back on topic.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Zzerase Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:23 pm

CM cuz you get to blow stuff up and i like the big numbers ...DS ftw!!!
Zzerase
Zzerase

Back to top Go down

Post  Seher Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:23 am

CM is awesome, u get to do things no other class can. But WL is safer, u have a huge number if small cd powerfull spells + the self buffs.
for the recod, i would go CM just for the seiges Smile
Seher
Seher

Back to top Go down

Post  ApocalypseHealer Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:49 am

CM is just pure PAKING rape. End of story.

ApocalypseHealer

Back to top Go down

Post  Pokai Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:36 pm

CM all the way!
you dont need haste for spike damage... if you learn to play well a cm you dont have to worry about being safer.
though i recognise as a mage we die alot. being a warlock wont make a big dif.
pvp what can i say.. i love it.. 3 stun skills besides all the other pew pew skills.. (sometimes i dont even have to use haste ms or ds to win a duel like most people think)
you can crowd control in dps if you learn to use the skills properly. mp isnt that bad at all i find out i used more mp when i was a BS.
nothing against WL's but CM is my choice.

my 2 cents Wink
Pokai
Pokai

Back to top Go down

Post  Vashtii Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:04 pm

and now we see why I am such a rare class ;-)

choose whichever one u think u will personally enjoy best. I tried to base my points off of different playing styles and not which one is "better" in my opinion. Was just trying to point out a few things u might use to consider which would be better for you. Nothing against CMS - although I never pt with them xD - do what will make u happy :-)
Vashtii
Vashtii

Back to top Go down

Post  Zzerase Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:15 am

mmm i like agro...my 89 cm always gets agro...but i have a 146 angel to back me up XD

Zzerase
Zzerase

Back to top Go down

Post  Maeven Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:42 pm

Hey Vanessa, just to say my opinion. Smile

I have a r5 CM and even though my main is a SB and 2nd alt Priest the only class that fullfiles me and satisfy me in that pervert way is my CM! It's just awesome, mainly cause it can mainly rape anyone! XD

Although I miss the WL buffs sometimes (especially when farming). Since u mentioned u mainly PvP then CM is the way to go. Haste/Heed then MS then DS while Haste/Heed is still running and u mainly won the battle in 10 secs (average time it takes me even though I don't like PvP). But without Haste/Heed/DS/MS (if they're on CD) u're mainly gonna loose from lot's of classes :/.

Maeven
Maeven

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:06 pm

Well, i've seen plenty of PvP-videos by now..and I got to say it's possible to win without ds/ms/haste.
Don't forget you have 3 stuns, 1 sleep and some insane DD skills like Fire-Blast.
Most people insult you for using ds/ms/haste.., I dont get it...they have their weaknesses, so why can't they use them?
A petclass without pets, a sin without cloak, a healer without heals...stupid noobs -.-' use whatever you got up your sleeve right?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sealing Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:32 pm

nessa go Champ xD
Sealing
Sealing

Back to top Go down

Post  Maeven Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:01 pm

Ofc it's possible to win without haste/DS/MS but my point was that u can win without even getting hit!! Smile That's awesome actually.
Sadly the new dungeon system has limited using of DS in dp's which sucks for me, so sometimes I wish I was a Wl, but when I think about it, there nothing like CM!! cheers
Maeven
Maeven

Back to top Go down

Post  Vashtii Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:13 pm

iiVanessa wrote:Well, i've seen plenty of PvP-videos by now..and I got to say it's possible to win without ds/ms/haste.
Don't forget you have 3 stuns, 1 sleep and some insane DD skills like Fire-Blast.
Most people insult you for using ds/ms/haste.., I dont get it...they have their weaknesses, so why can't they use them?
A petclass without pets, a sin without cloak, a healer without heals...stupid noobs -.-' use whatever you got up your sleeve right?

lol, I was reading on the forums just the other day someone was whining about wl's using nightmare and then a trap right after - calling them noobs, etc...I was like wtf. It's ridiculous, no one wants u to use anything to your advantage if they lose. But they'd be happy to do the same. It's like they consider it a "cheap" shot or something, but its nothing more than a "stun" lock, cuz I can keep a lock going on someone for several minutes. Nothing more than how the classes were built. If we just rushed in and smacked at the other person until someone fell down it would be boring

-1 to whiners.
Vashtii
Vashtii

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:15 pm

Wait, a WL without the nightmare+fear trap is hopeless, sad but the truth.
How are they supposed to close the gap? How do they lure those peeps into the traps? Nearly impossible =/
Those people should do something different then Rappelz.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Vashtii Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:18 pm

like (as a friend of mine would say) "take a long walk off a short bridge?"

lol!
Vashtii
Vashtii

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:24 pm

Speaking of that, put traps on the bridge..run away and turn pk on. Guaranteed fun.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Vashtii Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:38 pm

oh it is :-)
Vashtii
Vashtii

Back to top Go down

Post  Zzerase Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:05 pm

If i remember correctly, Valuins used to have a player (cant recall name) who loved to Rebirth between Sin, CM and WL. He owned pretty much anyone even if they were 10 to 20 lvls higher than him.
Goes to tell you, Skills is greater in pvp XD

I remember dueling him when he was a WL...he didnt use traps and still beat me (overkill style). I was super impressed i was close to r6 then, and he was the same. he was super in pvp in any class he played. Then he got scammed or something and he left the game Sad
Zzerase
Zzerase

Back to top Go down

Post  ApocalypseHealer Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:51 pm

wl is no way near as fun as cm..and wl is a hard class to master...or i should say "complicated".
As for bridge it is way more fun to open pk and ms and watch all the chaos from the aoe, then ds and run away...
more fun than a fear trap...
Simple...Cm just destroys a wl Razz

ApocalypseHealer

Back to top Go down

Post  Maeven Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:06 am

Agree with Apocalypse! PK --> MS and look while people run is super fun! Never done it but watched some other CM do it Twisted Evil
Maeven
Maeven

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum