NineSigns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vindictus a new MMO some are trying

+14
Occurred
Daeshala
ctlavender
Zzerase
xROMULUSx
Angel12
Drag0naut
Amaki
Harbinger2nd
Zyppora
Vashtii
Fuzzy
ThisIsBS
Mystic
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

vindictus a new MMO some are trying  - Page 2 Empty Re: vindictus a new MMO some are trying

Post  ThisIsBS Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:12 am

update to before, in case anyone thinks the game sorta sucks financially, I came up with a small list of things that are nice to save up on and then sell in the marketplace.

1) fine hp potions~ unless you plan on reaching lvl 40 in like a week, these seem to be a great moneymaker off the bat. especially since you get several from the first set of quests!

2) black gnoll fur~ they sell for a good amount and are pretty easy to farm since you just get it from the first actual boss in the ruins

3) cloths of all kinds~ when you don't need them for your own personal crafting, these sell like hotcakes in the marketplace!

4) area-specific energy jewels (ruin/hoarfrost cave/etc.)~ they sell for a ton because they're fairly rare. I like em because I haven't discovered the real use for these yet and even if I were to, I wouldn't really have need of them yet.

The game's really quite straightforward with finances, and it's pretty easy to save up for what you want as long as you're willing to wait out on a few things. Thanks a ton to (I believe shad0w right?) for coming up with the trade method, you're able to use it in between toons on your account and thanks to it I was able to start off my non-test characters with all of my stuff Smile pretty much why I'm offering to help out people right now...I've actually got nothing to do with the money right now that's as practical :s
ThisIsBS
ThisIsBS

Back to top Go down

vindictus a new MMO some are trying  - Page 2 Empty Re: vindictus a new MMO some are trying

Post  Zzerase Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:23 pm

Lvl 12 Evie...pretty much soloed my way in hard mode... so far the game is too easy lol

But those headaches still get me after every 2 to 3 runs....
Zzerase
Zzerase

Back to top Go down

Post  Daeshala Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:28 pm

Gonna agree Zz, after the initial learning curve and wow factor with the graphics wears off... it's a nice well put together, but ultimately simple game compared to what we're used to. I love the in party lag monitors, and party bulletin board for formations, and option to solo instances... But for sheer flexibility of character play and pets and and and... even after playing EVE, still gonna pray they fix Rappelz, cause it still has the best things going out there (lag aside) and the most potential.
Daeshala
Daeshala

Back to top Go down

Post  ThisIsBS Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:26 am

from my count no one's actually managed to get very far in the game (highest level from our guildies that I've heard of is 27.) Agreed that the game is a little too easy right off the bat, and could use a few new features, but none of us have yet to experience the full gameplay experience I've been told. I'm gonna see how far I can get, but yeah I also hope rappelz gets back up just in case I ever get bored of this.
ThisIsBS
ThisIsBS

Back to top Go down

Post  Harbinger2nd Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:44 pm

As fas as the difficulty is concerned there's 3 options, normal, hard, and heroic. As of right now only normal and hard are available to us. The other thing to remember is that the game just started open beta about a month ago, so don't expect it to be flawless. Things will be tweaked as time passes and the level cap will also rise giving access to more content and skills.
Harbinger2nd
Harbinger2nd

Back to top Go down

Post  Vashtii Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:06 pm

I do agree that this game is very simply structured - in comparison to rappelz. However harb is correct, there will be new content and the game will grow with time. Rappelz on the other hand is quite complicated, there are many things u have to do in order to make a strong character. Of course plez is much more complicated now than it was a few years ago.

For my part I hope they fix the bugs becausE I love rappelz and there isn't anything quite like it out there. But the bugs list keeps ground, as does the world, mch more and I won't b able to keep up, as a casual gamer....
Vashtii
Vashtii

Back to top Go down

Post  Zzerase Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:25 pm

Others things i have noticed...game is pure hack/slash....even the evie class (supposedly mage) is actually hack slash in the form of spells. Their firebolt is not even far range...its like only 1 or 2 feet (in game) distance. Not to mention i'm lvl 12 and only have 2 atk spells.....which is another thing....

Their heal sux ass as it is fairly weak......even if it does good amnt, you wont have the stam to keep it up....And even the mage class at lvl 24 turns into a melee if u go scythe instead of staying staff....

Game is all about dodging and atking when the enemy is open. No heals. its a bit different from the games i've played. The only really cool aspect is that you can use the enviorment to yur advantage. You can use rocks and other debris to throw at your enemies. This is where the fun part shows up in party play.

Farming sux, as most of the drops required for crafting need you to clear the boss for it. And sometimes they dont drop...so how many runs do you need to do to get them? I ended up spending alot of gold to craft the scarlet set for my evie Razz

And again after 3 runs...my headache comes back due to the intense graphics Laughing

Only thing keeping me at it is the thought of making my evie go scythe. those finishers they get seem cool...so want to try that out
Zzerase
Zzerase

Back to top Go down

Post  ThisIsBS Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:14 pm

lol Zz... you haven't gotten to see that scythes actually have the same magical capabilities as staves. I've run comparisons, staves actually have more attack power when they're enchanted, but scythes give a better str boost while staves give more Int. Basically, the primary difference between staves and scythes is primarily the skill setup and aesthetics. I think they plan on fixing that sometime though.

If you want gameplay that's a little less intense then go with Fiona. Since her fighting style is slow yet powerful, it might not cause as many headaches as evie's firebolt Razz

You don't have to bother going through several runthroughs for crafting materials either. In fact, unless it's for battle points I don't suggest going through runs purely for items, since someone else is pretty much guaranteed to have gotten it and put it in the marketplace already Smile

I understand the skepticism but, like Harb said, just give it some time since it only came out recently. gotta be openminded right? ^^
ThisIsBS
ThisIsBS

Back to top Go down

Post  Occurred Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:42 am

Somehow this game reminds me of Monster Hunter ( Freedom Unite ), just hack and slash with 10-15 different weapons and each weapon has its unique hack/-and slash attacks, yet the game was so extremely enjoyable because the avoiding and timing ( also predicting movements ) required alot of skill....a monster could take up to 50 minutes before going down xD
Occurred
Occurred

Back to top Go down

Post  Zzerase Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:27 pm

That is exactly what this is like lol...all about dodging and timing the atks on the bosses.

I just met my first challenge....was doing the revenge battle at hard mode...wow 2 bosses at the same time by myself got me owned Razz

no matter how good at dodging i was...cant dodge both at the same time and one of them was an archer who actually aims and follows yur movement.

Maybe i'll try this again on Normal mode and see ....jus to progress in the story/questline.

And ThisBS, its not the firebolt graphics that is giving me a headache, its actually the whole game's graphics. I havent played such high quality graphics in a while so need to re-adjust to it.

Zzerase
Zzerase

Back to top Go down

Post  ThisIsBS Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:28 pm

haha yeah revenge is pretty difficult to solo. every time I do it it takes a good 15-20 mins to take out the bosses >< I usually just bide my time when the archer's firing, making sure to dodge their attacks (when you see glowing from the archer, all you have to do is backup and run like hell around him.) just getting in one or two hits every now and again until the point where they begin sprinting. I hate hate hate the sprint attack but it's the only thing that really leaves them vulnerable when they're together.

That being said, no amount of strategy is a guarantee for success against those two. it's a battle that's guaranteed to be frustrating.
ThisIsBS
ThisIsBS

Back to top Go down

Post  Calabos Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:52 am

are ya able to do the quests more than one time? or how are ya able to lvl without going on in the questline?
Calabos
Calabos

Back to top Go down

Post  xROMULUSx Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:44 am

I don't know if the quests themselves are repeatable but the boss battles you can run over and over...there are objectives to get that you don't always get the first run through.
xROMULUSx
xROMULUSx

Back to top Go down

Post  ThisIsBS Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:08 pm

Sometimes there'll be a steady flow of quests, and occasionally there's just a huge cluster of them which can get you a few levels over the course of a few minutes. However, apparently when the questline ends it becomes a little difficult to level up as quickly, it's still not terribly difficult though. It's sort of like with rappelz and the witch quest, except you don't get all the experience over the course of a half hour and, instead, it's spread out pretty widely. Farming's a little more interesting then on pelz in my opinion though so it's not a huge problem in any way to me :s
ThisIsBS
ThisIsBS

Back to top Go down

vindictus a new MMO some are trying  - Page 2 Empty TS channel

Post  PrincessT Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:12 pm

Please set up a TS channel. I have been enjoying Vindictus. I thank you for your support Mike.

To all that don't know: Mike has been providing the TS and forums. And does deserve respect.

Jeremy~ SoHard 126 B. Huna
PrincessT
PrincessT

Back to top Go down

Post  Mystic Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:15 am

channel made , it's under the League of legends channel
Mystic
Mystic

Back to top Go down

Post  ThisIsBS Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:06 am

Really? I didn't know it's been you all this time Mike! That's immense, thank you so very much Very Happy

Does anyone think it would be possible for me to get the password and address for TS in a pm or something? I would like to chat with everyone again but it's sort of difficult when all I've got is the software haha.

Hope to see you in game Jeremy! If you wanna find me in game just add elume sometime Very Happy
ThisIsBS
ThisIsBS

Back to top Go down

Post  Mystic Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:33 am

pm sent
Mystic
Mystic

Back to top Go down

Post  ThisIsBS Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:33 pm

And many thanks to you Smile
ThisIsBS
ThisIsBS

Back to top Go down

vindictus a new MMO some are trying  - Page 2 Empty 0nce again

Post  PrincessT Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:43 pm

Thank you to Mystic Mike.

Your hospitality is greatly appreciated.

[img]vindictus a new MMO some are trying  - Page 2 19396[/img]
PrincessT
PrincessT

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeMago Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:02 am

I downloaded the game, installed it, checked out the game login ... enter the site when I press the icon, I choose the game, the East ... I press on start game and it says the server response is delayed.

:S
ZeMago
ZeMago

Back to top Go down

Post  Doki Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:24 pm

Beast and I have toons on the East server, too...though I haven't played it in foreverrrrrr
Doki
Doki

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum