NineSigns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Accident

3 posters

Go down

First Accident Empty First Accident

Post  Numot Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:34 pm

You ever have one of those days? A few hours ago I was driving home from collage and had my first bad accident. I was at an intersection a few miles away from my house that is know for accidents. Mainly because cars come flying up other the hill and turning cars can't see them. I was fallowing the 2 cars in front of me, they truned. It was clear so I went to fallow them and saw an elderly man get out of his truck to pick up the the blood drive sign and stand it back up. I kept an eye on him to make sure he was not going to end up in the way. Then I glance back the other way just in time to see a truck the same size as mine come flying up over the hill. I try to get of his way but he swerd the worng way and went that for me. The other lane beside me was clear, but he came right at me trying to aviod me as I was trying to avoid him. He slamed into the right side fornt of my truck going 50+ mph with the fornt of his. Spun me around 180 degrees and sent my truck to the other side of the road. The elderly man saw the whole thing right in fornt of him, litterly. He came other after the the reports had been done and the truck was about to be hauled off and told it happens to the best of us. he also said he is pretty damn lucky. He was out of his truck standing up the sign. When the truck that hit me swerved he went right at him. Had my truck not have been hit and taken the impact the other guy would have hit the elderly man and would have killed him. The other guy still hit him, but the truck had been slowed down so much by mine that it just tapped him with the bumper. I think both trucks will be totaled, I know mine will. Everything was pouring out of its fornt end. But it is just a truck and everyone is ok. Not sore yet but proably will be tomorrow.

Numot

Back to top Go down

First Accident Empty Re: First Accident

Post  Guest Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:45 pm

Well I think even when you did not do it on purpose, safed someone his life.
And sorry for your car =/ it's just material damage though, it can be fixed..someone his life or mentally cant always be fixed..try to be positive Smile!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Todash Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:35 pm

Glad you are OK.
Todash
Todash

Back to top Go down

Post  Zyppora Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:45 am

iiVanessa wrote: safed someone his life.

This. You're officially a hero now =)
If the crossing is known for car accidents then I'm sure there's precautions, like traffic regulations (yield signs, stop signs, traffic lights, right-of-way, that sort of thing, right?) so you should be able to determine who was at fault (and since you were pretty much stopped, it can't have been you), and you should be able to get at least the monetary value of your car back.
Zyppora
Zyppora

Back to top Go down

Post  Numot Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:36 am

Stragely enough, there is nothing at that intersection, which is what makes it so dangerous. Hard to say who is at fault. The other guys says I cut in fornt of him, I say it was clear when I started turning and he came flying up over the hill. He told the elderly man that he only hit him because I cut him off. The elderly man told me that if my truck had not taken the hit, had I saw the other guy a second sooner, had I hit the brakes a second sooner, the other guys truck might have missed mine or just dinged mine and he would crushed the elderly man. Yes the elderly man's life was saved, but the other guy will argue that his life was only in danger because I cut off. I say his life was in danger because the other guy was going way to fast and swerved towards the elderly man. At the speed I was going I could have jammed the brake to the floor and no skid marks would be made. At his speed there should have been skid marks, but there where none. It is hard to tell who is at fault, I am just going to let the insurrenace compianies figure that out. And I don't really see it as me being a hero, it is more like I was in worng place at the worng time and in the right place at the right time at the same time.

As far as getting the value of the truck back, the issuranace company when they total cars give you a check for what the car was worth, then you have the choice to buy it back from them for junk value. They total it if the cost to fix it is more then 80% of the cost of the truck, which I am pretty sure it is.

Numot

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum