View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Application Ants

Post  gorgan on Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:24 am

Lol, we should let him in already...
gorgan

Back to top Go down

Post  Clutch on Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:29 am

Think he's still sitting out the 7 day wait.

Clutch

Back to top Go down

Post  MyAxeRockz on Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:06 am

Clutch wrote:Think he's still sitting out the 7 day wait.

+1, he is Smile
MyAxeRockz

Back to top Go down

Post  xROMULUSx on Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:47 pm

I have been unsure about this one and so have refrained from voting so far. It's been a while now, but my past experiences with Ants has not been the greatest (ie. making mistakes that result in near pt wipe, etc.), and as some have already mentioned in earlier posts, it seems he's still a noob even now.

He's applied before and been rejected Arrow http://ninesigns.forumotion.com/t832-ants-app?highlight=Ants

We are a friendly guild and many times invite people in who are friends of guildies, etc. but we are also a sieging guild and one of the powerhouses on the server, and as such we like to keep a certain quality/caliber of player to the players in our guild. We allow friends in who might not have the best knowledge of the game, but that's usually with the understanding that they will listen and work with more experienced members to get better and smarter about how they play. There are always some people in the game who never learn and remain noobs their entire game life, I'm sure you can see the direction my wondering is heading...

So I guess my question here is what's changed now, if he is still the noob he was, that we want him in when we didn't before. And is someone who has gone this long in the game without learning really going to get better...is he even going to want to get better?

Not necessarily voting no at the moment, I just would like some things cleared up.

Thanks.
xROMULUSx

Back to top Go down

Post  Zverca on Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:29 pm

perhaps people who voted against have quit the guild or game, or have changed their mind. speak now ... or remain silent XD
Zverca

Back to top Go down

Post  Vashtii on Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:36 pm

I'm also curious as to what has changed, I was surprised to see this app again actually since last time it wasn't up for long before it was closed. I was reviewing the previous app and it seemed most who voted "yes" are no longer with us, and some votes were privately called in. Dae made the call last time citing internal no's and something about warnings from outside of the guild. So whats different? Its been a long time since I've partied with ants. My experiences in the past were also not positive. I'm inclined to stick with the past decision regarding this application. Unless all previous issues have been resolved.
Vashtii

Back to top Go down

Post  bali on Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:44 pm

I say let him in, I have partied with him once, and could not find any flaws that's grave enough to decline his application. Good luck Ants.

bali

Back to top Go down

Post  evildante on Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:40 pm

I say pass stay in the pass, give ants an oppotunity Smile
evildante

Back to top Go down

Post  xROMULUSx on Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:57 pm

evildante wrote:I say pass stay in the pass, give ants an oppotunity Smile

If he really has improved then I have no issues leaving the past there but, from some other comments it seems the past is also happening now in the present, which is why I'm raising my questions...

xROMULUSx

Back to top Go down

Post  Clutch on Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:35 pm

I don't know about the past, but I'm sure he's made improvements since 2010 (the last app). He's been helpful and active against Winter, so that's good enough for me. Besides, I know for fact we don't consistently adhere to the "only skilled players" rule.

Clutch

Back to top Go down

Post  xROMULUSx on Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:44 pm

Clutch wrote:Besides, I know for fact we don't consistently adhere to the "only skilled players" rule.
Yeah I realize this but there is usually a caveat...
xROMULUSx wrote:...We allow friends in who might not have the best knowledge of the game, but that's usually with the understanding that they will listen and work with more experienced members to get better and smarter about how they play...

It sounds like he is friendly towards the guild and willing to help out against Winter which is all good, but I guess I just want to know if he is willing to keep improving since there are others who still regard his skills as somewhat lacking.
xROMULUSx

Back to top Go down

Post  Vashtii on Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:58 pm

I think the concern is stemming from the fact that we've been there, done that in regards to this application before. If it wasn't acceptable before then why is it acceptable now? Ofc I would expect that in a year and a half that some measure of improvement and progress is made, and getting guildees to vouch for that is an important part of our application process - I think that is all ROM is getting at here. Everyone gets a vote and an opinion - ROM definitely can ask about Ants' growth and progress since his last application - that is the whole reason why we do this. In my opinion saying past application is past undermines this process.

Personally I'm a little cautious on this one because it shut down so fast the last time. I'd like to hear from Dae a little more about what happened the last time around, and how those issues have been resolved, since most of the last application was done privately.

As always, I support any decision that our guild makes.
Vashtii

Back to top Go down

Post  ChesterMcClain on Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:43 pm

Here's what has changed... He has pulled for full 9s parties now. Before i took my break he was the 1st or 2nd person i asked too pull for us..., only 2nd too soul ofcourse. The guy knows how to pull hardmode.... He just needs people that can kill the mobs
ChesterMcClain

Back to top Go down

Post  Todash on Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:51 pm

He pulled for us the other night and did a good job, so I say yes.
Todash

Back to top Go down

Post  BBG on Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:05 pm

Clutch wrote:Besides, I know for fact we don't consistently adhere to the "only skilled players" rule.

silent silent silent

*whistles and backs away slowly*

silent silent I love you

BBG

Back to top Go down

Post  Daeshala on Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:46 am

Well, I'll say this and try to not break confidences. There were some security concerns with a certain guild and their vent, whom I have come to find out from more than one source is no longer an issue. Also, yes, Ants has improved with his dping from what I can see, but he's also changed his main toon. I put this akin to everyone wants me on my overlord all the time because my cardinal mysteriously gets everything in a 10 mile radius killed by just standing there... Some people just play certain toons better than others. He's not perfect, no one is, but he does listen when we talk to him in TS, there's not a ton of attitude or anything like that. He does occasionally get excited and yell in TS. Soul has occasional bouts of Tourettes in TS. Daen occasionally plays karioke with YouTube on TS.... you get the idea. He's not an irrepairable noob, just quirky, and past afk problems seems to be gone. I'm saying all of this after partying with him for a few months (albeit kicking and screaming in the beginning, I'm a lot less nervous now)

So yeah, I'm endorsing ants, this isn't the same noob I knew, he's improved enough I can consider him for the guild.

Its not when you get there, its what you do when you get there.
"Great spirits have always encountered
violent opposition from mediocre minds."
              - Albert Einstein
Daeshala

Back to top Go down

Reply with quote Re: Application Ants

Post  Moanaalesa on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:04 am

i myself dont speak much in forms other then too vote .i was not the best plyer when i came too 9s i had those i was friends with show me how to be better then i was no one and i mean no one is great at anything with out help . ant has even help me learn more about the sin i play in attack and defence of said sin 2v years is alot of time to learn a character if shown how. we are a powerhouse on the server because of how we help other learn not for one person. and thats why i vote a hearty yes for ants if you dont know of him learn about him past is passed or dea would have already shut this app down

youcantseeme long live the sin

(aka Dave)
Moanaalesa

Back to top Go down

Post  xROMULUSx on Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:57 am

Thanks Dae and others for clearing some things up, I'll switch now from unsure to a yes vote.
xROMULUSx

Back to top Go down

Post  MyAxeRockz on Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:42 am

xROMULUSx wrote:Thanks Dae and others for clearing some things up, I'll switch now from unsure to a yes vote.

*pats Jared's head* Which head, is optional.
MyAxeRockz

Back to top Go down

Post  xROMULUSx on Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:55 am

MyAxeRockz wrote:
xROMULUSx wrote:Thanks Dae and others for clearing some things up, I'll switch now from unsure to a yes vote.

hmmm ... Twisted Evil
xROMULUSx

Back to top Go down

Post  xROMULUSx on Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:55 am

MyAxeRockz wrote:

hmmm ... Twisted Evil
xROMULUSx

Back to top Go down

Post  Vashtii on Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:46 am

Agreed, thanks for the clarification Dae. That's all I required.
Vashtii

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah99 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:51 pm

NO, we dont need another person with tons of alts/slaves Mad
One daen has 10+ accounts is enough :S
Sarah99

Back to top Go down

Post  DaenV on Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:22 am

I think I actually have cracked 20 different accounts by now O.O

DaenV