What was the Problem?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What was the Problem?

Post  FootSwitch on Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:25 am

Hey there, I was just in a HM TOL's PT with evildante, SoulRest and a few other guildies. After the pt ended Soul was saying something about me needing TS and that he would not pt in HM without people having TS yada yada. I didn't get to see what it was all about since I DON'T have TS and MAINT was happening... what was the problem?
FootSwitch

Back to top Go down

Re: What was the Problem?

Post  Daeshala on Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:35 am

From what I was hearing (I spent your whole party time taming and chilling out in teamspeak) basically what was happening was Soul would pull, Mystic would try to get second pull, and it either was or was not happening and they were getting killed, and I think other party members were too. No one else was stepping up regularly to pull was mentioned to the teamspeak room. (Although I did hear once or twice that you did, and that was a big help!) Cleric didn't warn people he/she was buffing, so mobs would get pulled into the group and the cleric would die. Also, people couldn't shout for heals, tell others how many debuffs (dubbed stacks) they had or when they cleared, etc. Even if you don't have a microphone, that's totally ok! If you can even just hear teamspeak via a pair of boring old headphones it helps so much. (Just ask Zverca, he can't talk on TS because of his kids sleeping, but he listens so he can hear the chatter going on between the healer, tank and puller)

When you are trying to pull, heal or second pull or crowd control, typing takes up valuble time and could mean the difference of life and death. Teamspeak becomes critical when something unexpected happens like a nightmare failing, and overpull or people running through, back to party. The more people on teamspeak, the better the party is, this is just my personal experience in a lot of parties. Hardmode is just tooo dangerous now to not have it as tightly coordinated as possible.

Its not when you get there, its what you do when you get there.
"Great spirits have always encountered
violent opposition from mediocre minds."
              - Albert Einstein
Daeshala

Back to top Go down

Post  Mystic on Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:41 am

you can't stop killing when you got stacks etc or a miss pull .. "hit enter " type msg ............ and re-hit enter to send msg when your mid attack and players are needing heals etc mobs need to be killed ...

it's ez to hit 1 button and say "watch it" "don't buff yet" "don't pull so & so has 33 stack" , or can you pull second mob ... there was a few times the other bs was hitting attack with creature and sending his DT out in room and i would click or try to click and would run in to room and die because his pets were in the way and would click them not the spot back ..

second was the stacks and lack of a true tank and having 2 or 3 of us with stacks at same time .. my bp was doing 75% of that pt's healing . and soul was healing him self till he got a 33 or higher on him
Mystic

Back to top Go down

Post  gorgan on Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:48 am

Try it once. My first time was originally to listen to people in seige. Heck, its so fun to chat with everybody else that I purposely got myself a speaker+microphone Smile True story
gorgan

Back to top Go down

Post  FootSwitch on Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:49 am

Thank you for clarifying. Ok so how do I get team speak? Do I have to download a certain type/kind/w/e? I'm pretty sure the info I need after I download it is somewhere but if you dump it here that would be great. To be honest I am still learning how to play hard mode and I didn't know we needed pullers outside of the Sin pulling so this was a learning thing today for me. But once I realized we needed one I stepped up to the plate. No worries I learn fast and in that dp I was trying to be third puller (called it) so as for the first and second pulls well... we were not always clear on that one. I definitely prefer to have a well oiled machine and for everyone to know their job and do it so if it takes me using a set of head phones so I can listen in on TS count me in.

Take care
Joe
FootSwitch

Back to top Go down

Post  SoulRest on Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:55 am

omfg switch dont leave read my next post

SoulRest

Back to top Go down

Post  Daeshala on Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:56 am

http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads
Check your OS if its 32 bit or 64 bit, and pick the matching client. Its free.

Rest of the information is here: http://ninesigns.forumotion.com/t366-teamspeak-3

Or the address is also located on Alt+G, and once you get in, tell me or EvilMystic and we will give you a NineSigns tag so you can come and go as you wish. Guests in TS are ok, just ask before you drag someone to an occupied room ^^

Its not when you get there, its what you do when you get there.
"Great spirits have always encountered
violent opposition from mediocre minds."
              - Albert Einstein
Daeshala

Back to top Go down

Post  SoulRest on Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:58 am

ok for the third attempt at this post

1st foot no prob with you bro

2nd i hate hm for the record and im very picky about who i do it with and man we had a lot of problems with lack of communication just get on ts and ill explain it to you personally download teamspeak3 man and we will get u in

SoulRest

Back to top Go down

Post  SoulRest on Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:59 am

sorry having problems with the forums tonight Mad

SoulRest

Back to top Go down

Post  FootSwitch on Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:11 am

K I downloaded TS now I just have to figure out how to use it. The link u gave Dae for the extra info too me to a page with this message
"Sorry, but only users granted special access can read topics in this forum." lol so I guess I'll have to wait till after maint =)
FootSwitch

Back to top Go down

Post  Mystic on Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:13 am

ya you missed the post on permissions so you never got them .. try now
Mystic

Back to top Go down

Post  Zverca on Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:40 am

Whoa, I got a deal to re-learn, from what I've read in last few weeks. Haven't even done a normal DP, much less the HM DP since part 3 came out. So when I stop merching and I log back on main, I'll be probably the noobiest toon ever Smile And I count on you guys to explain me what to do in case I get into one of your parties ^^ But first, I need to reinstall TS and get those three darned TP points. Disgusting quests, one must say, the one with swords in particular.
Zverca

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top